Well, the first day to Greece is already a mess. Due to weather at Newark, NJ my flight leaving Louisville was held and I missed my connection to Zurich. The airline (Continental) rebooked me to Paris for a connection there on Aegean Airlines. When I got to Newark I was rebooked thru London/Heathrow so I could get to Athens earlier. Now, the flight at Newark is delayed until 11:42 pm, leaving me with 5 minutes to make my connection in London. I'm afraid I'm going to miss that connection, too. That will mean getting to Athens too late to drive to Delphi. If I can I will stay in Athens and drive to Delphi the next morning. This is turning into a nightmare! I am dependent on the rental company to deliver the car but I don't know the exact time I will arrive in Athens. There is the outside chance that Aegean Airlines will have no seats. Then I'll be stuck in Heathrow, possibly overnight. The next problem is should I take my Ambien on the flight over? If I don't sleep, I'll be dead when I get to Athens. It's a 4 hour flight from London to Athens and I could sleep off the effects of the sleeping pill then. We'll see. So far my trip to Greece has rewarded me with the exotic food of Starbucks.
No comments:
Post a Comment